Senior Software Engineer and Evangelist, EclipseSource
Nominee for committer representative
Plug-in Development Environment (PDE) Co-Lead
Technology PMC Member
EGit / JGit Committer
EclipseCon Program Committee (2007-2010)
Eclipse Board Committer Representative (2007-2010)
|email:||zx at eclipsesource.com|
My vision for Eclipse is simple, keep building the community so the Eclipse ecosystem can prosper. We have a unique open source community at Eclipse that is comprised of two main parties: individuals and companies. We need to keep both parties in mind and make it easier for both individuals and companies to be successful at Eclipse. As a committer representative, I will continue to support committers and bring forward any concerns. My passion lies with growing the Eclipse ecosystem and making sure its constituents are happy. I have demonstrated my passion over the last few years via action. I have introduced new contributors to the Eclipse ecosystem, mentored many committers and attracted new projects.
To ensure Eclipse continues to grow and thrive I will particularly focus on:
- Continue modernizing the Eclipse infrastructure around GIT and project hosting
- Push the Eclipse Marketplace to become an appstore for the Eclipse ecosystem
- Push the idea of a global bundle repository for Eclipse, akin to Maven Central
- Make it easier for projects to crowdsource their documentation efforts
- Build bridges within the Eclipse ecosystem and with other open source or commercial projects
- Encourage Eclipse committers and projects to participate in the community via blogs, forums and other communication channels
- Lower the barrier to entry for new projects without sacrificing the quality Eclipse is known for
- Evangelize and grow the e4 and EclipseRT efforts
- Ensure Eclipse processes are transparent as possible
On the whole, my goal is to make Eclipse thrive and be transparent as possible about the board's activities. I love bringing new projects to the Eclipse ecosystem and mentoring new committers. I will pay special attention to how we can make the Eclipse development process easier for smaller projects. In the end, I would be honored to represent you, the committers, for another term.
About the Candidate
Chris Aniszczyk is the co-lead of the Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment (PDE) project and a Senior Software Engineer at EclipseSource. He is the co-author of The Eclipse Rich Client Platform (Addison-Wesley) book and has been recognized by the Eclipse Community Awards as Top Ambassador and Top Committer. Chris tends to be all over the place inside the Eclipse community by committing on various Eclipse projects. He sits on the Eclipse Architecture Council, Eclipse Planning Council and has the honor to represent the committers on the Eclipse Foundation's Board of Directors. Chris's passions are modularity, blogging, tooling and anything Eclipse.
He's always available to discuss opensource or Eclipse over a frosty beverage.