Nominee for sustaining member representative
Since 1999 my professional life has been focused around Eclipse. Building open source and commercial technologies, establishing a profitable Eclipse-based company, and growing the Eclipse community have been my priorities. Instantiations is all Eclipse all the time.
|email:||mike_taylor at instantiations.com|
My vision is to:
- Make Eclipse a powerful "profitability platform" for Add-in providers.
- Make the name "Eclipse" a competitive differentiator/advantage similar to "Intel Inside".
- Increase ROI for Add-in Provider membership in the Eclipse Foundation.
- Create an "Eclipse User Council" that brings together key users (not necessarily members) from major industries (i.e. automotive, healthcare, insurance, etc, etc.) to offer suggestions to the Foundation on technology and marketing direction.
- Implement an "EPIC-like" portal within eclipse.org that emphasizes Foundation members and gives each a highly visible zone in which to promote their products and services to the community and potential customers.
- and of course, to assure that Eclipse technology remains the best on the planet!
About the Candidate
- Deeply involved in Eclipse technology and ecosystem since 1999
- Former Member of Eclipse Consortium Board of Stewards
- Member of EclipseCon 2006 Program Committee
- Chair of the Eclipse Marketing Committee from 2002-2005
- Lead project to establish Eclipse brand and logos
- Member of Eclipse Market Research Working Group (2005)
- Chair of Eclipse Market Research Working Group (2006)
- Member of Eclipse Governance Committee (that designed and formed the Eclipse Foundation)
- Founding member of EPIC, a leading Eclipse portal
- Leads company dedicated to Eclipse. Instantiations has lead eclipse open source projects, contributed code, participated in forming the Foundation and lead numerous Eclipse-focused committees.
- Over 25 years of experience in the software industry.
...more about Mike
- Instantiations, Inc, provider of WindowBuilder Pro, SWT Designer, and CodePro Analytix. Instantiations is a technology company totally focused on Eclipse. Instantiations has lead the KOI and Pollinate projects.
- Founding member of the Eclipse Plugin Central Alliance.