Re: [udig-devel] Setting up uDig 1.2 development in Eclipse - some progress but still no-go

David Adler wrote:
I hadn't noticed in the RCP environment setup for uDig 1.2, Eclipse 3.4.x that the "extras" need to go into eclipse\dropins and not just eclipse as documented in the startup in the SDK tutorial PDF.
Cool - yes that is one of the differences for Eclipse 3.4.
After moving this, I was able to build, although I had to open refresh.xml and select the build action on the right pane. Just running the Eclipse clean/build from the Project menu didn't seem to do anything.

There are no longer any errors in the net.refractions.udg.lib project.
That is good news.
Many of the net.refractions.udig.*.source projects have an error in the plugin.xml file for
point="org.eclipse.pde.core.source
saying "unknown extension point"
is this serious?
It is not serious; the source plugin is only used when bundling things up as an SDK for others to use.
In the step, "Running the Main Application", it says in the configuration tab, "Remove rcp" and then Add "rcp". When I click on Add, I only see net.refractions.* features and org.ossim at the bottom. In the application launch troubleshooting it refers to "org.eclipse.rcp" - is this the "rcp" referred to in setting up the application? If so, how does it get selected?
This "step" was used to make sure the version numbers were correct (since they end up being slightly different between win32, macosx etc...). My understanding is Jesse found a way of depending on RCP without being specific about the version number. When I have confirmed that this step is no longer needed I will update the docs.
Lastly, when I try to validate plug-ins in the Run Configurations", there are many errors like "Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.espressions; bundle-version="0.0.0"
Interesting; those are the plugins that should of showed up with the dependency on the RCP feature.
Am I getting close?
Can you hit add required plugins and run?
I'd like to be able to debug problems in the DB2 support.
Agreed; that is the goal :-)

David if you can get to IRC I would be happy to help you at anypoint; if not let us keep going with this email thread.

Jody

Back to the top