Re: [tinydtls-dev] Feedback trying to use tinyDTLS with Contiki 2.7

Hi Gaëtan,

Gaëtan Harter <gaetan.harter@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> I only tested with contiki, so I let you fix it, sorry.

No problem -- I just could not figure out the problem at first as the
include paths were supposed to work ;-)

> This change to add the top directory to include search path will also
> be required for RIOT.

Right. (Raul's proposed split between the main tinydtls module and the
sub modules may cause some additional trouble, though...)

> You can be interested Raul Fuentes.
>
> Regarding changes with a merge conflict you are talking about riot and
> micro-ecc ?

No, sorry. I was able to resolve all conflicts from your patches (either
by rebasing in correct order or by abandoning patch sets that have
become obsolete.) No action required here anymore.

> I can take a look at micro-ecc today and try addressing some of your
> comments.

I think that the correct approach would be to build this from scratch. I
consider change 72773 [1] as obsolete, especially because the iotivity
project does not use tinydtls anymore and thus will not act on this
change anymore.

I have already integrated micro-ecc in the build system. I think, this
would be a good starting point.

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/r/72773

> From what I see on the micro-ecc page, it suppports 8bit, 32bit and
> 64bit processors and not 16bit.
> So it means that the current ecc version should be kept if ecc on
> 16bit is supported.

Oh.

Keeping it would block the release process as the IP (as in
"Intellectual Property") assessment for this code is a bit
difficult.

>>> The one I remember is how I broke the public/private separation of
>>> tinydtls.h and dtls_config.h.
>>> Do you want me to look into it and propose something ?
>>>

>>> The first idea I have, to keep my "no configure" under contiki mode, I
>>> would go with a fixed tinydtls.h including a generated
>>> "tinydtls_public.h" or a static "contiki_dtls_public.h".
>>> And then "dtls_config.h" include "tinydtls.h" and either a generated
>>> "dtls_config_private.h" or a static "contiki_dtls_private.h".
>> Actually, it would be good if the public API only consisted of static
>> headers (#ifdef CONTIKI would be ok, as Contiki builds everything from
>> scratch) and generated headers would be included only in .c files.
> The problem is that currently, DTLS_ECC and DTLS_PSK are required to
> be defined in the public headers.
> And as they are defined by configure, I don't know how to change this.

As long as these symbols are not used in a public header, it should not
be a big problem to change that.

Grüße
Olaf

Back to the top