Re: [tinydtls-dev] Feedback trying to use tinyDTLS with Contiki 2.7

Hi Olaf,

On 02/27/2017 07:45 PM, Olaf Bergmann wrote:
Hi Gaëtan,

Gaëtan Harter <gaetan.harter@xxxxxxxx> writes:

I see that you have some time to code review the lasts modifications.
Yes, I am in the process of pushing them to the master branch. I had to
rebase some changes before I could submit through the Gerrit interface.

I'm still here and I can find time to address some of the issues you
had regarding my changes.
Great. As none of these have been real show stoppers, I have merged them
into the master version (I had to do a small fix to make Hudson happy --
see bc548b7).  There are a few other changes that are held by a merge
conflict -- maybe you can check on thsese as well).
I only tested with contiki, so I let you fix it, sorry.

This change to add the top directory to include search path will also be required for RIOT.
You can be interested Raul Fuentes.

Regarding changes with a merge conflict you are talking about riot and micro-ecc ?

I can take a look at micro-ecc today and try addressing some of your comments.

From what I see on the micro-ecc page, it suppports 8bit, 32bit and 64bit processors and not 16bit. So it means that the current ecc version should be kept if ecc on 16bit is supported.

The one I remember is how I broke the public/private separation of
tinydtls.h and dtls_config.h.
Do you want me to look into it and propose something ?

The first idea I have, to keep my "no configure" under contiki mode, I
would go with a fixed tinydtls.h including a generated
"tinydtls_public.h" or a static "contiki_dtls_public.h".
And then "dtls_config.h" include "tinydtls.h" and either a generated
"dtls_config_private.h" or a static "contiki_dtls_private.h".
Actually, it would be good if the public API only consisted of static
headers (#ifdef CONTIKI would be ok, as Contiki builds everything from
scratch) and generated headers would be included only in .c files.
The problem is that currently, DTLS_ECC and DTLS_PSK are required to be defined in the public headers.
And as they are defined by configure, I don't know how to change this.
Grüße
Olaf

Regards,
Gaëtan