Re: [platform-dev] Github workflow

If you don't like to suggest to Egit to add some magic, you can suggest to Github to add a similar header:

https://github.community/

Am 24.03.22 um 17:30 schrieb Andrey Loskutov:
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. März 2022 um 17:03 Uhr
Von: "Christoph Läubrich" <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [platform-dev] Github workflow

Sorry for confusion then I probably don't get it. What has Egit/Eclipse
Ui to do with gerrit?

Nothing.
I use Egit to read the history.
Because I work with my code from within my IDE, not with github.
Gerrit writes url of the PR to the commit header.
I can see this url in egit on every commit.
I can click it and go directly to the PR in the browser.

If I check with with my eclipse SDK things like "Bug xxxx" are not
linked even though they are on git-eclipse or do you mean

Reviewed-on:?

in the commit message if it was merged through gerrit?

Exact, see https://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.swt.git/commit/?id=43187fa1ce25eb04c7fe417ffd3e1f7bb025577f for example

Github provides similar and as EGit already knows how to handle Github
PRs it should be possible to show such a link, the git magics is
described here:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/17819027/9503281

No, that's completely different story.
It is not in the commit, it adds a lot of "dead" remote branches to your history, making it unusable.
See the config I've used and result I've got.
So in short, there is no way to get same user experience with github right now.
And I for sure don't want this dead pull branches to show up in my history view.

So your best bet would be to ask Egit to add support for this (probably
there is already support for this but I have never used/found that).

There is nothing, I'm using latest nightly.

Kind regards,
Andrey Loskutov

Спасение утопающих - дело рук самих утопающих

https://www.eclipse.org/user/aloskutov