[platform-dev] Github workflow

In BIRT, Windowbuilder, and Nebula we successfully use the following workflow:

  1. Fork the main repo
  2. Create an issue in the main repo e.g. "My Issue" #1 (#1 being the next ID)
  3. Make changes in a branch in your fork (not in master/main)!!!
  4. Commit with "My Issue #1"(include #1)
  5. Go to GitHub in the main repo. GH offers to create a PR
  6. Use "My Issue #1" as the topic. The PR will be called "My Issue #1" #2
  7. Start Review
  8. Keep committing on your fork branch
  9. PR is accepted
  10. Go to your fork and "Fetch upstream" [1]

[1] Fetching upstream is currently a pain. I have started a discussion here. Please also comment or upvote:
https://github.com/github/feedback/discussions/13221

Cheers,

Wim

Back to the top