Re: [platform-dev] Github workflow

Am 24. März 2022 16:37:20 MEZ schrieb "Christoph Läubrich" <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>This describes all automatically discovered references by Github:
>
>https://docs.github.com/en/get-started/writing-on-github/working-with-advanced-formatting/autolinked-references-and-urls#issues-and-pull-requests
>
>You can automatically link issues with cour commit/pr:
>
>https://docs.github.com/en/issues/tracking-your-work-with-issues/linking-a-pull-request-to-an-issue
>
>Whenever you use
>
>#ISSUE-NUMBER
>
>-or-
>
>OWNER/REPOSITORY#ISSUE-NUMBER
>
>in your commit message it will generate automatically a link in the
>github UI.

Christoph,

You didn't get my point.
I don't want to use github UI, I use Egit from Eclipse because I browse the code there and want know what was the context of a commit. A number #15 in commit message in Egit is not linked to github, so I would need to manually copy/paste that and manually search for the right repo url to get the context. With full url of a pr/issue in the header I could do this with a single click, like I can do this today with gerrit based commits.

So again, is there anything that is available in github that would do this linking *in git commit header* like gerrit it does?
--
Kind regards,
Andrey Loskutov

https://www.eclipse.org/user/aloskutov
Спасение утопающих - дело рук самих утопающих

Back to the top