Re: [cf-dev] Merging Californium repos

I like the structure. I will now merge the unification branch and start to re-factor accordingly.

Okay, cool. Merge it in now and fix possible release/packaging issues later?

Yes, we will need to adapt the release build accordingly but we can do this step-by-step …

Two things:

1)      certs will HAVE to go into demo-apps in order to not refer to resources outside of the maven modules’ scope. But that should be ok if we do not need the certs anywhere else but the demo code.

So it is never needed for unit tests in Scandium?

Oh, you’re right, I forgot. So we will either need to have certs in both “demo-apps” as well as in “scandium” or we create a separate module from it which we can then refer to by its maven coordinates.

2)      We can merge outstanding pull requests later. The scandium PRs may go into 1.1 which I do not want to start in the old repo anymore … not sure what you want to do about the content negotiation PR but I think it can also be merged later. FWIW the PR is there since 2014 ….

Merging later means you do it manually through rebase? Currently open requests are made for the old repos, aren’t they?

Yes, the idea would be to pull them in as new branches from master and then rebase according to the restructuring we do, if necessary …

The content negotiation PR has more become a “I you need this, this is probably a good way to do it” connection point for contributions.

https://github.com/eclipse/californium.core/pull/56 might actually be in order now, but I currently have no time to check it, I am afraid.

Then I will check #56 and merge into core if ok.

Back to the top