Re: [cf-dev] Merging Californium repos

Good for me :)
(I know I already said that before but I think for future we should avoid merge and prefer rebase. This way the commit history will be more readable)

Le 22/01/2016 11:44, Hudalla Kai (INST/ESY1) a écrit :
Hi,

I have now merged core, element-connector and scandium into Californium on branch "unification" [1].
On my desktop it builds fine from a fresh clone and I think I can also live with the (somewhat cluttered) commit history.
Is this acceptable to you guys?

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/californium/tree/unification

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: cf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Hudalla Kai (INST/ESY1)
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 4:24 PM
To: Californium (Cf) developer discussions
Subject: Re: [cf-dev] Merging Californium repos

3) create "core" folder in californium.core repo and "git mv" all
content to that new folder
We now don't have this naming conflict anymore, so I would like to
call the Californium module folder "californium" instead of simply
"core".

The repo itself is called "californium". Having a subfolder in there
that is also called "californium" leaves me wondering what the other
folders might contain (if not parts of Californium). Calling it "core"
suggest to me that it contains just a part of Californium as well as
the other folders. However, I do not insist on calling it "core". So if
you still feel that it should be "californium", so be it :-)

4) create "scandium" folder in californium.scandium repo and "git
mv"
all content to that new folder
Here we could use the chance to rename "scandium-examples" to
"sc-dtls- example" to be consistent with the californium-* library
and
cf-* project naming.
We can do that later as well since it is a sub-module of scandium. For
now this is only about merging the repos, right?

5) create remotes for "element-connector", "core" and "scandium" in
californium repo and fetch all
6) merge "element-connector/master", "core/master" and
"scandium/master" into "californium/unification" (having moved
everything to subfolders first should now prevent lots of merge
conflicts)
6) fix pom files etc and do a test build
7) commit & push "californium/unification"
8) Have you guys take a look and check if this is what we want
9) merge "californium/unification" into "californium/master"

We will end up with three separately originating commit histories
(for
the three modules) flowing into californium/master.
What do you think?
+1 for the rest.

Ok, let me know your final thoughts regarding "californium" vs. "core"
and I will start the process ...

Regards,
Kai