[cf-dev] Branching strategy

Hi committers,

over the holidays I spent some time trying to figure out a workable branching strategy for Californium that would allow us to go on with developing new features and re-factoring code while at the same time always be able to publish bug fix releases and have a stable reference code base that can be used for deployment.

Now that we have shipped the 1.0.0 release of Californium I think it is time to more formally define the branching rules we want to follow in order to achieve these goals. We already feel the need to create a 1.0.1 bug-fix release that would allow Leshan to (finally) use a relased version of Californium ...

I stumbled across this nice blog post [1] by Vincent Driessen which, from my point of view, looks like a good candidate for our purposes.
What do you think?

Regards,
Kai

Back to the top