Re: [cf-dev] Merging Californium repos

> > 3) create "core" folder in californium.core repo and "git mv" all
> > content to that new folder
>
> We now don't have this naming conflict anymore, so I would like to call
> the Californium module folder "californium" instead of simply "core".

The repo itself is called "californium". Having a subfolder in there that is also called "californium" leaves me wondering what the other folders might contain (if not parts of Californium). Calling it "core" suggest to me that it contains just a part of Californium as well as the other folders. However, I do not insist on calling it "core". So if you still feel that it should be "californium", so be it :-)

> > 4) create "scandium" folder in californium.scandium repo and "git mv"
> > all content to that new folder
>
> Here we could use the chance to rename "scandium-examples" to "sc-dtls-
> example" to be consistent with the californium-* library and cf-*
> project naming.

We can do that later as well since it is a sub-module of scandium. For now this is only about merging the repos, right?

> > 5) create remotes for "element-connector", "core" and "scandium" in
> > californium repo and fetch all
> > 6) merge "element-connector/master", "core/master" and
> > "scandium/master" into "californium/unification" (having moved
> > everything to subfolders first should now prevent lots of merge
> > conflicts)
> > 6) fix pom files etc and do a test build
> > 7) commit & push "californium/unification"
> > 8) Have you guys take a look and check if this is what we want
> > 9) merge "californium/unification" into "californium/master"
> >
> > We will end up with three separately originating commit histories
> (for
> > the three modules) flowing into californium/master.
> > What do you think?
>
> +1 for the rest.

Ok, let me know your final thoughts regarding "californium" vs. "core" and I will start the process ...

Regards,
Kai

Back to the top