http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E/Extension_Development

regards,
Rafał

On 04/17/2012 06:09 PM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:m2e-users-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Igor Fedorenko
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 3:27 PM
To: Maven Integration for Eclipse users mailing list; m2e-
users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [m2e-users] Best way to have one project looking at a
subset of another project

Import as Maven of the aggregator is expected to create separate
workspace project for each module. Each module workspace project is
expected to have sources folders, dependecies, etc. Not sure why this
does not happen for you.
Well, that appears to work.

Annoyingly, I'm now seeing another occurrence of the FAE (Frequently Occurring Error) saying this (I see this with other artifact tuples):

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin:1.6.0:scr (execution: generate-scr-descriptor, phase: process-classes)

Updating the project along with forcing snapshot updates doesn't fix it.

"KARR, DAVID"<dk068x@xxxxxxx>  wrote:

I have one m2e project checked out from svn which is an aggregator
project.  It is several layers deep.  Several layers down there are
some projects with src/main/java trees.  I need to have the top-level
aggregator project, but I also need to be able to debug code from the
lower-level directories.  The top-level project doesn't know it has
Java source, so I can't effectively set breakpoints or do "Open Type".

While I have this top-level aggregator project, can I create
additional
projects that are just pointing at segments of that big project, so
they both have the same files, but the lower-level one knows it's a
Java project, so I can set breakpoints and "Open Type"?

It seems like I can just create a new project from an existing
location, being within the first project.

Will that work, or will that cause me other problems?