Re: [cdt-dev] Is CMake support stable?

> On 10 Dec 2020, at 06:45, Marc-Andre Laperle <malaperle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 9, 2020, at 2:30 AM, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> On 9 Dec 2020, at 06:25, Marc-Andre Laperle <malaperle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> This way (Makefile+MBS) works for any external builder
>>
>> What you basically say is that we cannot get rid of MBS yet?
>
> I doubt right now that it would be possible for CDT to get rid of MBS, ... getting rid of the old and huge component might help the community refocus. It’s a difficult situation.

Ah, my question was poorly phrased, I did not mean for CDT to remove MBS, since this will definitely break lots of projects, with Embedded CDT.

I'm currently doing a preliminary study on the opportunity to implement my xPack builders in Eclipse, or go directly to implement them in Visual Studio Code, and forget about Eclipse.

So when I said 'get rid of MBS' I used my developer hat, so if the new Core build is really ready for such projects, or not, from a programatic point of view.

From your answer, I understand that even if it is not ready, it is still better than using anything from the (practically) deprecated MBS.

I guess this can conclude this thread.

---

Since further xPack development will happen in the embed-cdt project, I posted a new message 'RFC: Proposal for a new Eclipse xPack builder' on the embed-cdt-dev list:

- https://www.eclipse.org/lists/embed-cdt-dev/msg00254.html

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top