Re: [asciidoc-lang-dev] Whitespace handling

> Lex:
>   "Asciidoc spacing characters" is fine by me, if a bit long, but {asc} can fix that :-)

Excellent. We will certainly define it.

> > Dan wrote:
> One thing we will need to be careful about, though, is that AsciiDoc doesn't support *all* spacing characters. So we'll just need to emphasize that in our definition / usage.
> Lex wrote:
> I wonder if the standard should consider changing that?

Perhaps. Though I think one of the values of AsciiDoc is that it's not cryptic. So limiting spacing characters to space, tab, and line feed has merit. When we start to allow other spacing characters, then I think it introduces inconsistently from one document to the next. I think a case has to be made for each individual character we permit. That way, we know why we permitted it.

Best Regards,

-Dan

--
Dan Allen, Vice President | OpenDevise Inc.
Pronouns: he, him, his

Back to the top