Re: [asciidoc-lang-dev] Whitespace handling

> Though I think one of the values of AsciiDoc is that it's not cryptic. So limiting spacing characters to space, tab, and line feed has merit. When we start to allow other spacing characters, then I think it introduces inconsistently from one document to the next.

I mixed up two separate points here. First, that when you get unfamiliar characters in a document that you can't see, it can surprise the writer. Second, when you allow too many kinds of spacing characters, writers who can use them will use them, which leads to inconsistency. Not surprising the writer and consistency are two of the stated values in our vision.

I still think we can consider it. This is by no means final. I'm just making my argument for why I like the current restriction.

Best Regards,

-Dan

--
Dan Allen, Vice President | OpenDevise Inc.
Pronouns: he, him, his

Back to the top