Re: [udig-devel] SLD and Ecore

On 08/08/2010, at 11:44 AM, Miles Parker wrote:

> Yes, I think that would be really useful. It actually would be a lot simpler to persist and work with, right? I might be missing something but my thinking is that right now if you want to create styles programmatically, you need to build the SLD xml up manually, correct?

No there is a style factory and a series of helper classes.  Indeed for persistence you actually want to record SLD; so EMF does not provide value there either. I am more interested in the auto generated eclipse user interfaces etc..

> With the Styles and Expressions in EMF then you'd have a programming model and with a standard xml persistence, you could just emit the SLD xml for the actual implementation.

Interesting; perhaps you know more of that leg than I do. How would you go about it?

> Again, perhaps O'm missing something and there is already some sort of API for manipulating styles directly.

Cheers,
Jody

Back to the top