Re: [udig-devel] release schedule - updated

On 07/08/2010, at 4:49 PM, andrea antonello wrote:

> What you are forgetting in the report is style.
> The style code has big chunks that have suffered from the geotools
> migration and were simply commented out.
> Even if style passes the walkthroughs it was a complete mess:
> - icons in themed style always black
> - icons in themed style always squares (for  lines and polygons and points)
> - switching from themed style to simple style doesn't work
> - themed style has a static size of 6, doesn't take the simple style
> size settings
> - on themed style the buttons of opacity, reverse and outline doesn't work

> The above are solved right now, but there are some glitches still that make things not perfect.

Wow - that is great progress. Are you using Jira to keep track of these?

> I am working on it, but I would not be sure to be done by tomorrow and
> it would need some testing.

Okay join me on IRC and we will see how we can knock things over.

> Style is important guys. I know people that use uDig only to create SLDs to be used in geoserver for example.

Agreed, one of the reasons I am excited to move to GeoTools 2.7 :-)

> I want style fixed and am on it. So -1 to release 1.2.0 without style fixed.

Okay we best get cracking; join me on IRC if you need a hand.

There is also an interesting PostGIS / Oracle issue with addFeature creating an extra empty feature.

Jody

Back to the top