Re: [tycho-dev] Tycho 3.0 release

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 11:24 AM Christoph Läubrich <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- changing the java version to run the build
- requiring a new minimum maven version (e.g. once we require maven 4)
- requiring to change their pom.xml in a non trivial way (e.g. beside
changing some configuration value in an existing mojo)

OK great.
Can you please capture this definition and the fact that such change trigger a new major in some documentation, eg CONTRIBUTING.md. I think once we have settled a clear definition of "breaking", there will be less questioning about when and how to change major version.

Back to the top