[tycho-dev] Tycho 3.0 release

Hey everyone,
I think it's time to start discussing 3.0 release.
IMHO we should do if after Platform 2022-06 release when P2 will start ignoring everything pack200 related [1].
There is already a list of issues for 3.0 [2] (thanks Christoph!) so please add your API/behavior breaking changes to it.
In order to give development time for 3.0 and not delay release after 2022-06 (Java 18 compatibility) I propose that Tycho releases as soon as possible after Platform 2022-03 release and master is open for 3.0 work from that point on (aka some time in April). This should give us roughly 3 months of development time for 3.0 release.

Please share your thoughts on the topic.

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg18273.html
[2] https://github.com/eclipse/tycho/milestone/5

--
Aleksandar Kurtakov