Re: [tycho-dev] Tycho 3.0 release

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 11:05 AM Christoph Läubrich <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do we? If yes, I can offer to maintain 2.7.x branch with this dedicated
changes (2022-03 dependecies + PGP), but can't platform simply use 3.x
snapshots?

There is not only Platform that's going to need those features, PGP is going to get traction very fast together with Maven Target Platform location, and Platform uses 3.x because the people who maintain Platform build are partly the ones that maintain Tycho so it's in a privileged state. If we want to better serve a wider ecosystem, those important features must be released soon (just like we've tried to release newer Java support frequently so far).

Back to the top