Re: [tycho-user] What eclipse target platform feature includes the eclipse plugin?

>> Steinar, In my target I have the feature Eclipse RCP 4.4.  This
>> includes the bundle org.eclipse.equinox.console as well as the
>> org.apache.felix.gogo.* bundles.  To enable the console in my
>> application, I add -console to the startup.  For windows "D:\Program
>> Files (x86)\RCP\eclipse.exe" -console

> Hm... my kepler-based target platform already includes the
> org.eclipse.e4.rcp.feature.group.
>  https://github.com/steinarb/modeler/blob/using-modelstore/modeler.target/modeler.target.target

This StackOverflow answer
 http://stackoverflow.com/a/21825796
says that the bundles needed, are:
 org.eclipse.eqinox.console
 org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime
 org.apache.felix.gogo.shell

When I look at the bundles in the target platform:
 - Window->Preferences...
 - In "Prefernces"
  - Open Plug-in Development->Target Platform
  - Select "modeler.target (Active)", and click on "Edit..."
  - Checkmark the checkbox "Show location content"
I find the following bundles:
 org.eclipse.equinox.console (1.0.100v20130429-0953)
 org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime (0.10.0v201209301036)
 org.apache.felix.gogo.shell (0.10.0v201212101695)

So I should have all of the required bundles in the target platform.

> I have tried adding the -console flag to the end of the argument list of
> the run configuration, but that didn't help me to get "OSGi Console" as
> an alternative in the console view of the eclipse instance with the
> plugin.

The stackoverflow answer above, says that "-console" is sufficient to
start the OSGi console, and that -consoleLog and -debug may also be
useful.

Where should the console be? When I click on the "Open console"
toolbutton in the console view, I get a dropdown containing:
 Java Stack Trace Console
 New Console View

When I started with the eclipse installation's own target platform as
the target platform, I saw "Host OSGi Console" as one of the available
selections in the dropdown.

Is this where the OSGi console should have been? Or is it supposed to be
a separate window?

Thanks!

Back to the top