Re: [tools-pmc] Re: Mylyn 2.1 did not have a Release Review

On Oct 18, 2007, at 2:02 PM, Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:

Greg,
Absolutely! What do you suggest we do with the portal in this regard? You're suggesting that we use it for scheduling reviews and making sure all the check list items are done for the review, right?

Right. The portal already has a "Project Reviews" section (in fact when I first saw this, that's what I though it was for). I was imaging having a link that leads to the documented release process (for reference) and a check list (with links to the appropriate actions) for each step. I don't know how flexible the portal is, but it would be nice if I could see which items had been completed and which still required action.

Of course there's still the issue that people/projects have to know that they need a review for any M.N release - any ideas about how to portalize that?

i think we can assume that people are generally conscientious, and just lack the knowledge of what is required. If the portal is the only point of interaction for administrative activities then we know that everyone will have to go there at some point. Then it could be as simple as some text in the "Project Reviews" section saying "All projects must follow a review process prior to any release (major, minor, or bug-fix). These tools are provided to manage this release process", or something like that.

Greg

Back to the top