Re: [platform-dev] Github workflow

I like all this.

I don't like forks and used to have branches on main repo - not recommended.

> Indeed. The "upstream" repo shouldn't be used as a workspace for ongoing work. Your workspace is your fork.

Also, this is free to choose from. If one wants to work with a fork (e.g. to stash WIP), then this is perfectly valid.

IMO working with forks is easier to grasp for the casual contributor/committer since creating PR's can be done from the Github UI and creating branches is not allowed for contributors.

> Indeed. The "upstream" repo shouldn't be used as a workspace for ongoing work. Your workspace is your fork.

Are local branches (i.e. branches in the main repo) needed in your workspace-only workflow?