Re: [paho-dev] Java client development

Andy,

I started converting the IA92 GUI to use Paho only because:

1) it was the quickest way to get a standalone utilityup and running, given that no-one seems to have a lot of time to spend creating a new one.  (I know we have the Eclipse plugin too).  This was definitely the shortest shortcut :-)  When we get a better one we can drop it.

2) some people still use IA92 for its GUI.  A replacement GUI means we can start moving on.  I had proposed removing IA92 and pointing people to Paho instead.  The lack of standalone GUI was one objection.

It's not using the Async API, as the sync API was the closest match to the old API.  Things missing:

a) async API version (or replacement with)
b) SSL connections
c) HA connections

Which I was contemplating adding...

Ian