Re: [jetty-users] SolrJ/Solr: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header

On 6/1/23 01:35, Bill Ross wrote:
If you can turn off the sorting for a test, that would prove the assumption.

Sorting is absolutely required for this effort. I can't turn it off. I am using Solr's cursorMark functionality. The "standard" Solr pagination functionality simply will not work for this. That kind of pagination falls apart after only a few thousand documents ... and I have millions.

I just looked up what SolrJ does - no insights, but now I'm curious how well the parallel indexing performs compared to postgres' single-threaded index builds. I wonder if it could speed up your bigger query's sort time.

Solr is NOT a database. It is a search engine. It cannot be compared to postgres, mysql, mongodb, etc.

SolrJ is a client for Solr. It allows the Java developer to think about the search engine in terms of updates, queries, deletes, etc ... instead of thinking about HTTP requests and exactly how to craft those requests.

Thanks,
Shawn

Back to the top