Re: [jetty-users] SolrJ/Solr: HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header

On 5/30/23 13:52, Shawn Heisey wrote:
Before throwing this exception, the program makes over 25000 successful requests, indexing over 25 million total docs into Solr.

On the last run, it only failed to index ONE batch. 30287 successful POST requests and ONE failure. That failure was the same as what I have already reported -- "HTTP protocol violation: Authentication challenge without WWW-Authenticate header".

It doesn't seem likely that this is a problem with Solr-specific code in either Solr or SolrJ, but I don't really understand what's going on, so I am not going to claim that this analysis is correct.

Can anyone shed a little light on this and suggest additional info I can gather? I have full control over logging levels with my logback config. I have already reduced the logging level for org.eclipse.jetty to WARN because it was REALLY noisy. The root logger is at DEBUG so I can use that logging level in my own code, so I had a few loggers to turn down. ;)

I commented the line setting org.eclipse.jetty to WARN, and I'm running it again. This is going to create a VERY big logfile, because jetty is now logging at DEBUG.

Thanks,
Shawn

Back to the top