Re: [jetty-users] Can the warning about system properties and JVM args be suppressed?

On 3/23/2016 6:04 PM, Greg Wilkins wrote:
> Our XML reference is
> https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/reference-section.html#jetty-xml-syntax
> and you will see that there is a pretty straight forward mapping of the
> XML to code.
>
> The other starting place to consider is our embedded examples:
> https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/advanced-embedding.html
>
> Also the code at
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eclipse/jetty.project/master/examples/embedded/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/embedded/LikeJettyXml.java
> runs pretty much the same as jetty.xml plus jetty-http.xml
>
> However, once key thing you may want to consider is not using the
> deployer and hard coding just the contexts you want (see embedded examples).

There's a lot to absorb here.

What I am thinking about is embedding everything into Java code, driven
by a Solr server configuration.  The deployer sounds like the wrong
approach to me, but I'm not going to rule anything out until I have a
better idea of how it all works.

There's some static content that powers the admin UI, so making that
available (as a simple webserver would) is a requirement.

Can you point me at any public projects that have converted from a
webapp to embedded Jetty, so I can see a few examples of how to handle
the placement of files in the binary artifacts?

Thanks,
Shawn

Back to the top