Re: [jetty-users] Can the warning about system properties and JVM args be suppressed?

and you will see that there is a pretty straight forward mapping of the XML to code.

The other starting place to consider is our embedded examples: https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/advanced-embedding.html

Also the code at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eclipse/jetty.project/master/examples/embedded/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/embedded/LikeJettyXml.java       runs pretty much the same as jetty.xml plus jetty-http.xml

However, once key thing you may want to consider is not using the deployer and hard coding just the contexts you want (see embedded examples).

cheers

On 24 March 2016 at 10:16, Shawn Heisey <eclipse@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3/23/2016 4:46 PM, Greg Wilkins wrote:
> No offence taken.    So just out of interest, where did you look for
> documentation for this?  Did you look for general jetty documentation or
> specific start.jar documentation?   --help? javadoc?  web documentation?

Since I'm mostly unfamiliar with the jetty website, I used google.  The
term "exec" is so common that I didn't locate anything useful until I
put "--exec" in quotes.  That ultimately got me to this page:

http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/start-jar.html

> If you use --dry-run to discover the xml that are used, you can almost
> do a mechanical translation of that xml to code.

I added --dry-run to the script, did "restart" on the service, and
checked the console output.

I see this at the end of the commandline it generated:

org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration \
/opt/solr-5.5.1-SNAPSHOT/server/etc/jetty.xml \
/opt/solr-5.5.1-SNAPSHOT/server/etc/jetty-http.xml

Are those files the XML that you were talking about?  Where can I look
for some idea of how to translate that to code?

(/opt/solr5 is a symlink to solr-5.5.1-SNAPSHOT, the full Solr version
number that I installed)

Thank you for all this insight.  You guys are awesome.

Thanks,
Shawn