Re: [jetty-users] Can the warning about system properties and JVM args be suppressed?

On 3/23/2016 4:46 PM, Greg Wilkins wrote:
> No offence taken.    So just out of interest, where did you look for
> documentation for this?  Did you look for general jetty documentation or
> specific start.jar documentation?   --help? javadoc?  web documentation?

Since I'm mostly unfamiliar with the jetty website, I used google.  The
term "exec" is so common that I didn't locate anything useful until I
put "--exec" in quotes.  That ultimately got me to this page:

http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/start-jar.html

> If you use --dry-run to discover the xml that are used, you can almost
> do a mechanical translation of that xml to code.

I added --dry-run to the script, did "restart" on the service, and
checked the console output.

I see this at the end of the commandline it generated:

org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration \
/opt/solr-5.5.1-SNAPSHOT/server/etc/jetty.xml \
/opt/solr-5.5.1-SNAPSHOT/server/etc/jetty-http.xml

Are those files the XML that you were talking about?  Where can I look
for some idea of how to translate that to code?

(/opt/solr5 is a symlink to solr-5.5.1-SNAPSHOT, the full Solr version
number that I installed)

Thank you for all this insight.  You guys are awesome.

Thanks,
Shawn

Back to the top