Re: [jetty-users] WAR overlays in Jetty 9.1?

Regarding bug (where I've added more comments):  https://bugs.eclipse.org/423361

I think the problem was fixed for 9.1 by this checkin:
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/commit/73bee3af4bc951344ece3004671f4169bf68ee9f

At least, with that checkin, I ensured that listeners from web.xml and
programmatic listeners would be subject to jetty's Decorator mechanism
that I believe Weld has implemented to make them CDI injectable.

If anyone has an app that can test that out to confirm that listener
CDI injection works with jetty-9.1, that would be great. When its
confirmed as working, I will edit the jetty doco page here:
http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/framework-weld.html
to remove the caveat about ServletContextListeners.

BTW, I've made a change to ensure that listeners that are @WebListener
annotations will also be injectable - that fix will go out in the next
9.1.1 release. I don't think that will be the cause of any issues for
Weld, just something I noticed on code inspection.

cheers
Jan