Re: [jetty-users] WAR overlays in Jetty 9.1?

Can you expand on this ...

"Except of course for the longer-standing problem of no
injection in Listeners...it would be fantastic if that could be done."

Is there a WELD or Jetty bug filed about this?

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Expert advice, services and support from from the Jetty & CometD experts

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Klaus Brunner <klaus.brunner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2013/12/5 Jesse McConnell <jesse@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> which should be in pretty short order, joakim or I will take a look at
> that Weld issue, I was just in that code fairly recently to get 9.0
> supported.

Seems the Weld issue is already being addressed (it's a small change
and one I've already done locally, it seems to work OK with my initial
tests). Except of course for the longer-standing problem of no
injection in Listeners...it would be fantastic if that could be done.

> As for moving from larger jee containers to smaller, more lightweight
> ones like Jetty...that is a trend we have seen for years now that
> appears to be increasing once more.

I suppose the current GlassFish situation will drive this even more.

For our needs, the perfect application server is one with a highly
performant, lean core, simple configuration, and the ability to easily
add selected JEE API implementations (CDI, JAX-RS, etc.) as needed.
Few apps actually need the whole shebang of JEE, so I'd love to see
Jetty progress with this kind of scenario in mind.

Thanks for the helpful reply, much appreciated.

Best

Klaus