Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Moving MicroProfile JWT to Jakarta Security?

> On Nov 11, 2022, at 12:06 PM, arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Do you mean that the Jakarta security spec, and specifically the Jakarta Security API jar directly has the MP JWT spec / api as a dependency?

It's worth exploring at the very least.  It's not something I've typically endorsed in the past, but I'm starting to soften to the idea if it can avoid a trend of having two copies of every api.

There are possibly other avenues that could be explored as well.

I think this thread is great, but would people be open to getting together for an hour and just talking out some options?  I.e. we get us Jakarta Security and MicroProfile JWT folks together and see what we can come up with.

Thoughts?

-David

Back to the top