Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Moving MicroProfile JWT to Jakarta Security?

Hi,

On Saturday, November 5, 2022, Rudy De Busscher <rdebusscher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Integration into Jakarta Security is not a valid approach as that one has dependencies on Servlet and JASPIC which we don't have for MicroProfile.

Integration into Jakarta Security itself is valid, as Jakarta EE and Jakarta Security have no issues with Servlet and the authentication Servlet container profile. So we can copy JWT to Jakarta Security without any problems.

But I think you mean something else here?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Moving the Spec to Jakarta like what is done now for Config is a valid approach and recommended in my opinion and this seems logical for most developers (especially now that we have the Core profile that is created specifically to bring over the MicroProfile specs)

Regards
Rudy