We have this one chance that our users needs to change package names anyway due to javax, we should make sure we do this correctly.

Either MicroProfile needs to become a sub brand of Jakara and also make the change from org.eclipse.* to Jakara now (so we still only effect users once) or we need to find a brand (and org - so my initial org.eclipse suggestion is bad) namespace to be used by both (and future) communities.

This is what we had with javax.

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 8:33 PM Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2019-09-26 11:24 a.m., Thomas Andraschko wrote:
IMO independent of MicroProfile or any other possible API which will be a part of Jakarta in the future, all specs in Jakarta needs the same "jakarta" namespace.
AFAIK, that is also the position of the Jakarta EE Specification Committee. I don't believe this is in any way a controversial statement. So just as Config expected to switch to the javax namespace when it was under the JCP, it should expect to switch to the jakarta namespace if it re-hosted there.
--

Mike Milinkovich

Executive Director | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@mmilinkov

+1.613.220.3223 (m)