Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Transitioning Jakarta EE to the jakarta namespace

I don't like the idea of having standards be beholden to the house
they live in. If for example the home of Jakarta moves from Eclipse to
The ASF, or CNCF, or codehaus, then I as a user should not have to
rename my packages. So org.eclipse.foo for standards is out of the
question.

jakarta is a brand name that can be transferred to a different home,
e.g. that already has happened by moving from Apache to Eclipse.

It is unfortunate that we have to rename our packages from javax.foo
but this is I hope a once in a lifetime rename. The Jakarta can, and
should, when being at the Eclipse Foundation would not work out, go to
the new home. org.eclipse will never be able to move to another home.

Martijn

Back to the top