Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Transitioning Jakarta EE to the jakarta namespace

Hi Martin
That is a good point. org.eclipse ties us to the Eclipse Foundation, and should we want to move that will cause a rename.

Similarly, jakarta ties us to the brand, and should we want to rebrand, we need to rename.

Also, having different namespaces for MicroProfile and Jakarta means we need to rename when moving specs between them, or accept it, and then jakarta will anyway have org.eclipse namespaces as part of the umbrella specs. Or all MicroProfile specs needs to move to a jakarta namespace, not sure if that is going to happen.

Or, at the point of moving, let say config, to Jakarta, then rename. It does mean that many other specs and many other users will be impacted.

Cheers