[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Compliance requirements for "Java SE" specifications leveraged in Jakarta EE 8
- From: Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 11:51:07 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/60.8.0
On 8/26/19 6:26 PM, Bill Shannon wrote:
David Blevins wrote on 8/26/19 2:51 PM:
Over the last couple weeks we've had some clarification and clarity on the stance between Java SE and Java EE. This clarity is still evolving and there is no way I'll represent it 100% correctly.
These specifications are not officially part of the Java EE 8/Jakarta EE 8 definition as they are part of the Java SE 8 JVM.
- JavaBeansâ Activation Framework / Jakartaâ Activation
- Javaâ API for XML Web Services (JAX-WS) / Jakartaâ XML Web Services
- Javaâ API for XML Binding (JAXB) / Jakartaâ XML Binding
- Javaâ Web Services Metadata / Jakartaâ Web Services Metadata
Yes, and you forgot SAAJ.
Should Common Annotation also be in this list?
Some of them have different versions in Java 8 vs Java 9. My understanding is all of the above were removed from JDK 11 and beyond.
Open questions for Jakarta EE 8 Platform implementations on Java 8 or 9:
- are tests for any of these shipped in the Jakarta EE 8 TCK?
No, I don't believe so.
many of the standalone TCKs, including SAAJ + JAX-WS + Common Annotations.
Will these standalone TCKs ship as part of Jakarta EE 8 final release?
I would expect them to, since they are (mostly) generated from the
Jakarta EE 8 TCK repository.