[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[jakartaee-platform-dev] Compliance requirements for "Java SE" specifications leveraged in Jakarta EE 8
- From: David Blevins <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 14:51:01 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the last couple weeks we've had some clarification and clarity on the stance between Java SE and Java EE. This clarity is still evolving and there is no way I'll represent it 100% correctly.
These specifications are not officially part of the Java EE 8/Jakarta EE 8 definition as they are part of the Java SE 8 JVM.
- JavaBeansâ Activation Framework / Jakartaâ Activation
- Javaâ API for XML Web Services (JAX-WS) / Jakartaâ XML Web Services
- Javaâ API for XML Binding (JAXB) / Jakartaâ XML Binding
- Javaâ Web Services Metadata / Jakartaâ Web Services Metadata
Some of them have different versions in Java 8 vs Java 9. My understanding is all of the above were removed from JDK 11 and beyond.
Open questions for Jakarta EE 8 Platform implementations on Java 8 or 9:
- are tests for any of these shipped in the Jakarta EE 8 TCK?
- are tests for any of these required for Jakarta EE 8 Platform certification? (this could be yes regardless of the above)
Open question for Jakarta EE 8 Platform implementations on Java 11:
- do we want to want to work on an official perspective for certification of Jakarta EE 8 on Java 11?