Re: [ide-dev] Ctrl-1 driven development

On 16.10.2015 14:48, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> what specifically are you missing ? I've used eclipse with xml
> autocompletion since WTP came out with xml support for some years now.
>
> its definitely not perfect but it is there...

Not exactly auto-completion, but what is a really sore spot for me
regarding XML support is not being able to just open any XML file with
the Eclipse XML Editor.

Currently, you'll often get the dreaded "Unsupported content type in
editor" dialog and need to correctly register the file's content type as
XML yourself (if that's at all possible). Otherwise you'll get no XML
support whatsoever.

There's an open bug for it, but it's not gotten a lot of love in the
last 5 years: http://eclip.se/320996

Back to the top