Re: [ide-dev] Survey results

I agree 100% we cannot ignore the results. It is obvious a lot of people want the compiler warnings to change, so work needs to be done to improve the warnings. However, I do think a large minority didn’t like what was proposed so we should look for a compromise.

Ian

From: ide-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ide-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sopot Çela
Sent: December-09-13 5:46 PM
To: Discussions about the IDE
Subject: Re: [ide-dev] Survey results

If 65 % is not large enough for action you should have stated in the beginning that only if we go over e.g. 75% this change will be made, not decide now based on a feeling for a number in a 'hmm 65% doesn't sound enough' fashion.

As I said I have voted 'No' for this but this ignoring of the people who actually took the time to help you by stating their opinion feels really bad. This poll resulted from an effort to be decisive and actually do something rather than go around in circles with opinions. We fended off other poll questions for which we had no 'promises' to be implemented if chosen so this poll was obviously aimed at implementing the requested features. Saying now that 'Yes you want it but we at Eclipse with commit rights know better' is not a good community strategy, especially to those who you asked for an opinion and who turned their head and listened.

Sopot