Re: [ide-dev] Survey results

On 09/12/2013 10:39 AM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
Which is actually another point, the response size is pretty small. I’m not sure we can conclude anything based on that.

Check your old statistics textbook. The total sample size was well over 2000 people. That is definitely a statistically significant sample size. Of course the sample was self-selecting so there will be bias. So please stop saying that the sample was too small.

If we assume a population of 9 million people who use Eclipse, a confidence level of 99%, and a confidence interval of 3%, we only needed 1849 responses.
http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx