Re: [ee4j-community] Initial Committer Lists & Project Meritocracy

Mark,

El lun., 4 dic. 2017 a las 9:18, Mark Thomas (<markt@xxxxxxxxxx>) escribió:
On 03/12/17 20:47, Dmitry Kornilov wrote:
> We tried to be careful creating initial committers lists, but we are
> humans and can make mistakes. :)
> If someone supposed to be there, but not included, please add a comment
> to a proposal or contact PMC or me directly. We will discuss it on the
> following PMC meeting and make a decision. All projects proposals are on
> public review now. This is right time to address this kind of issues.
>
> We included people in initial committers lists using the following rules:
>
> 1. GitHub project committers with 5+ commits. Committers who didn’t
> expose email address on GitHub were NOT added. Email must be filled to
> add a committer. It may be an issue. To get added, see above.
> 2. EG members are NOT added automatically. They are added only if they
> had 5+ commits.

That criteria is flawed. For the EGs I have been involved in (Servlet,
WebSocket and - less recently - UEL and JSP) the only people able to
commit to the repositories were the spec lead and (in some cases) one
other Oracle employee.

I would say it would be better to look at the mailing list archives as
well to see who was active but since the migration off java.net I
haven't been able to find where, if anywhere, the mailing lists were
migrated to.

> All APIs are already released which assumes all EGs
> disbanded. Again, if someone from EG wants to join as initial committer,
> see above.

Will do.

Mark