Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [] [cross-project-issues-dev] m2e 1.18.0 and SimRel 2021-06

I am part of the group of people who are confident that we have all the necessary pieces in place for a timely release next Wednesday: Competent and motivated people, a proven process and enough "quiet" time as a buffer. And I remember years when we had to rebuild about 24 hours before the release.

If it was already Monday afternoon and the final Jetty build was not available, I would start to get nervous. But we had the opportunity to test the almost finished parts and gained some confidence that it would work well.

Even with some degree of remaining risk, I believe that we should stick with the planned date of Wednesday.


On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 at 16:31, Ed Merks <ed.merks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think that a respin available on Monday should be sufficient time to still release on Wednesday.  I don't think there's any strong reason to expect that things might have become broken broken between RC1 and RC2 is there?

But that's just my opinion.  We've always released on schedule and it would be nice to be able to keep saying that.  In addition, the reason for a slipped date is probably something we'd rather does not get any attention beyond the current responsive and attentive group of people...

On 11.06.2021 16:19, Jonah Graham wrote:
At the moment I am indifferent about the date - delayed or not. But I do agree that if we are going to delay it, lets announce the delay sooner rather than later as there are a lot of other activities, Eclipse Foundation marketing, individual project releases, etc that are expecting the release on Wednesday.


Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 at 10:12, Martin Lippert <mlippert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What about Friday or Monday instead?


> Am 11.06.2021 um 15:20 schrieb Frederic Gurr <frederic.gurr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
> Since the Jetty project estimates to have 10.0.5 ready by the weekend
> (
> we need to discuss, if the release date (Wed, June 16th) should be
> postponed.
> Realistically, I don't see a complete SimRel respin be done before
> Monday, which leaves almost no "quiet time" and time for giving final
> +1s for the EPP builds. We also require at least 24 hours for the
> mirrors to catch up, once the final bits are in place.
> I'd prefer to communicate a postponed release date as soon as possible,
> instead of a last minute slip.
> Regards,
> Fred
> On 10.06.21 15:51, Jonah Graham wrote:
>> We are nearly there. I checked all the EPP packages and (as expected)
>> only JEE has slf4j.api_2.0.0.alpha1.jar. All the packages (also as
>> expected) have org.slf4j.api_1.7.30.v20200204-2150.jar (including JEE).
>> So right now we are just waiting for 10.0.5 to be released to be able to
>> use it.
>> I have asked Jetty if they have a timeframe
>> yet
>> Once I get an answer I'll update cross-project-issues-dev too.
>> Thanks
>> Jonah
>> ~~~
>> Jonah Graham
>> Kichwa Coders
>> <>
>> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 at 09:25, Markus Knauer <mknauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:mknauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>    I would support a move to Jetty 10.0.5 from our RAP perspective and
>>    would offer to do a rebuild once the corrected Jetty version is
>>    available.
>>    After spending so much time (including Platform, Reddeer, WTP)
>>    analysing, fixing and working around these externally caused
>>    problems, it would be a shame if we didn't go the last few metres to
>>    upgrade Jetty to a single version that works for all of us and even
>>    solves the last remaining dependency problem for WTP.
>>    Thanks
>>    Markus
>>    On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 at 13:57, Mélanie Bats <melanie.bats@xxxxxxx
>>    <mailto:melanie.bats@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>        +1
>>        Thanks Jonah for following and coordinating all this!
>>        --
>>        Mélanie Bats
>>        CTO
>>        +33 7 87 69 42 84
>>        @melaniebats
>>        *Obeo*
>>        25 Boulevard Victor Hugo - Colomiers - France
>>        _______________________________________________
>> mailing list
>>        <>
>>        To unsubscribe from this list, visit
>>    _______________________________________________
>> mailing list
>>    <>
>>    To unsubscribe from this list, visit
>> _______________________________________________
>> mailing list
>> To unsubscribe from this list, visit
> --
> Frederic Gurr
> Release Engineer | Eclipse Foundation Europe GmbH
> Berliner Allee 47, D-64295 Darmstadt
> Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 92821
> Managing Directors: Gaël Blondelle, Mike Milinkovich
> _______________________________________________

Back to the top