Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [] [cross-project-issues-dev] m2e 1.18.0 and SimRel 2021-06

Hi Planning council,

A brief update on progress here. AFAICT all the projects that consume/require and were publishing org.slf4j 2.0.0 alpha1 to simrel have been very responsive. A full respin happened today by reddeer, platform, wtp and rap to make this happen following Jetty's 10.0.4 release. Unfortunately it turns out that there are still some 2.0.0 alpha1 issues in Jetty so Jetty are currently doing a Jetty 10.0.5 release, which AFAICT means that those projects will all have to respin again so that we don't have multiple versions of Jetty. At a minimum WTP will need to respin to break the dependency on org.slf4j 2.0.0 alpha1.

I hope I have understood everything correctly.

We are already just past the nominal deadline for RC2 contributions to SimRel, and we are clearly going to need more time if we want SimRel to not have org.slf4j 2.0.0 alpha1

So now for the ask:

Should we do an RC2 with what we have today and plan to do an RC2a, or just hold off on freezing SimRel aggregation a little longer (couple of days? Not really sure.) so that we can build with the expected final contents.

Thanks for your input.


Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 at 22:30, Nitin Dahyabhai <thatnitind@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would come to the same conclusion, in which case I'd like to remind you that WTP will need a little time to build our own Jetty 10.0.4 bundles and recompile WTP for submission into SimRel before releasing.

On Sat, Jun 5, 2021 at 7:14 PM Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 at 09:00, Mélanie Bats <melanie.bats@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 04/06/2021 à 20:14, Thomas Watson a écrit :
> +1 from me, but want to make sure we all realize that likely means
> sometime after next week before platform has a build available with this
> fix.  We need to wait for Jetty to release:
> <>
Are we sure that this will be possible for them to prepare the release
on time? If yes, +1 for me.

It is +1 for me to wait for the RC2a from the Eclipse Project.

However, I think in this case it is (mostly) out of the Planning Council hands. The Eclipse PMC looks like they have decided to respin (2 of 4 of PMC +1'ed the plan so far) - so SimRel pretty much has to wait for them. 

_______________________________________________ mailing list
To unsubscribe from this list, visit

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP PMC
_______________________________________________ mailing list
To unsubscribe from this list, visit

Back to the top