Re: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Re: [cross-project-issues-dev] Re: EclipseCon memory stick and Ganymede M5

Hi Bjorn,

Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:
<stuff deleted>
The goal of the annual simultaneous release has always been to provide a stable set of platforms and frameworks for the commercial adopters to build their tools on top of. The user community never really understood that and has decided that the annual release is a "product" or "distro" of Eclipse. Because the annual release is not a distro and will never be (because of the lack of integration testing, etc), we needed a way to build distros for the user community. The EPP packages are that mechanism. Thus we have:

* Annual simultaneous release: for adopters
* EPP packages: for users

I would argue with the conclusion that Ganymede could not/should not be used for users, but even if that conclusion is accepted, wouldn't adopters (also users of course) be particularly relevant for EclipseCon?

Scott

Back to the top