Here are the facts so far:|
Thus I propose:
- The following teams have said yes to a slightly compressed
schedule in order to fit the M5 EPP packages on the EclipseCon USB
- The following teams have said no to a compressed schedule:
- Some projects (such as BIRT) are not included in EPP packages and
thus would not be included on the memory stick. Of course community
members and project leaders are welcome to create new packages (see Ian's
email) and be included.
- Because we are buying so many memory sticks, our meeting planners
convinced the memory stick suppliers to accept Feb 22 (absolute drop
dead date) for us to supply the bits.
- We can include approximately eight packages on the USB memory
stick. Currently there four packages (C,
Java, JEE, RCP), thus we could include two operating systems for each
of those four. Win32 is our number one download, so I think it's
obvious that we would include at least the Win32 packages.
- The +3 projects agree to produce their M5 bits on the +2 date of
- The EPP builds will be on Feb 19
- That gives us Feb 20 and 21 (Wednesday and Thursday) to test the
packages and decide if they are good enough to be "milestone quality"
[end of message]