Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Real names in git commit messages

> On Mar 12, 2020, at 01:42, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the Architecture Council should focus on ways to make committers' work easier and more focused on producing value; and instead not try to increase committers "duty" regarding EDP.

Just to clarify - this is *in no way* an increase of "duty" or "burden" to committers and projects. Being an Eclipse committer comes with (and always has been coming with) responsibility.

The EMO (including PMCs) trusts committers to operate and judge in the best interests of a project and its community. This requires keeping your eyes open and involve the Eclipse IP team on things raising eyebrows. It's not required for the committer to sort out the details. The IP team will be happily do that. However, if you blindly merge contributions from an anonymous contributor (eg., "someone1234") today and without checking with at least your project leadership first, I'd say your are clearly violating your responsibilities as a committer. At least that's my expectation of the situation as it is today.

-Gunnar

Back to the top