[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Real names in git commit messages

Hello folks,

I am not sure where to ask this question - so I am starting here with my fellow architecture members.

At the moment I see an occasional contributor not wanting to use their real name and email and address in commit messages. In this case they are probably willing to sign the ECA but want to maintain their privacy.

Other CLAs don't require public disclosure of email addresses and names (e.g. CNCF, Microsoft, Google)

Is the public name/email address something that their is justification that I can point to, or can this be revisited and the requirement removed?

Thanks,
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham