Re: [eclipse-pmc] New Top Level Project Charter

>I'm exactly in the same opinin as Mike W. on this topic. Creating a new name breaks a lot of legacy community resources (article, blog posts, comments of forums...) that would suddenly feel unrelated to the project. I think the 17 years of legacy of the Eclipse Platform >
> produced sufficiently content to keep connected to it and just not pick a random new name

+100!

Dani

From:        Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        03.10.2018 17:10
Subject:        Re: [eclipse-pmc] New Top Level Project Charter
Sent by:        eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Another possibility could be just "RCP SDK". RCP could be extended to "Rich Client Platform".
Or just "Eclipse Platform SDK"
Similar benefits are workbench here: no new concept, no new name and so on. Using a combination of name allows to include the different projects.

I'm exactly in the same opinin as Mike W. on this topic. Creating a new name breaks a lot of legacy community resources (article, blog posts, comments of forums...) that would suddenly feel unrelated to the project. I think the 17 years of legacy of the Eclipse Platform produced sufficiently content to keep connected to it and just not pick a random new name._______________________________________________
eclipse-pmc mailing list
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/eclipse-pmc

Back to the top